[maemo-users] Making software installation a bit easier in Maemo

On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 11:56 +0200, Luca Donaggio wrote:
> 2006/8/24, Miko Nieminen <miko.nieminen at gmail.com>:
>         Actually Maemo SDK has even more simple way to do this. Just
>         install
>         package:
>         http://repository.maemo.org/pool/mistral/free/m/maemo-contrib-repository/maemo-contrib-repository_2.0-1_all.deb
>
>         After that your Application Manager is configured to have
>         contrib
>         repository. This is very simple method, just "install"
>         repositories and
>         then use Application Manager as usual.
>
>         What do yo think about this kind of way?
>
>         Sincerely,
>         --
>         Miko Nieminen <miko.nieminen at gmail.com>
>
> That would be wonderful IF that package would be updated regularly and
> contain all the available (and checked to be working) repositories!

I think that the idea is to have one package for each repository, I
don't know if that is a good idea. At least I like it more that having
one package configuring many repositories. Any comments?

--
Miko Nieminen <miko.nieminen at gmail.com>