[maemo-users] How to pair device with Windows XP SP2 for file transfer?

Hi Andrey,

On Wed, Aug 23, 2006, Andrey Brindeew wrote:
> What is the way to pair Nokia 770 with Windows XP SP2 using Bluetooth?
>
> It is impossible to pair from Windows because Nokia is not discoverable.
> When I tried to pair using Nokia, it said that "Selected phone does not have
> services that can be used. Select another phone".

The 770 requires that a device which it is pairing with has either
Dial-up Networking (DUN) or OBEX File Transfer (FTP) profiles in its SDP
server. In your case you'd want to have a FTP service record on your
windows machine. Why it's not there (maybe you forgot to enable ftp
support) or how to get it there I cannot answer (and it also depends on
which bluetooth host stack you're running on your PC).

You can make the 770 discoverable (until the next reboot) by installing
xterm, becoming root and issuing the command "hciconfig hci0 piscan",
though that wont help you to get FTP working if the PC doesn't have a
service record for it.

Johan