[maemo-users] RE: [maemo-developers] Future features for Maemo Desktop (TaskNavigator, Home, Status bar)?

On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 04:02:11PM +0300, Karoliina.T.Salminen at nokia.com wrote:
> I am still accepting feature ideas to my roadmap, so please keep on
> posting them on the list. What would you wish from your dream-device in
> terms of UI framework (Task Navigator, Home, Status bar, Control panel)?
> Is there something you would like to have done better or something that
> you'd like to have to be done in a completely different way? Don't limit
> your imagination to how e.g. Task Navigator works now, but think how it
> would ideally work, without the limits? What would be ultra-cool there?

Speed.  User interface that redraws instantly.  Sort of like Palms did
with their dinky 33 MHz processors. ;)

The ability to enter Ctrl+Foo combinations from the virtual keyboard
(for xterm) would also be nice.

Support for Bluetooth file transfers out of the box.  Now the 770 can
access a phone's file system (via OBEX FTP), but you cannot transfer
files from one 770 directly to another (or to a Palm).  I also want
OBEX PUSH.

> Please think it also out of context of the current hardware, you can
> suggest also ideas that would be nice on the platform despite they
> aren't really realistic with the current 770 hardware. Any cool ideas
> are warmly welcome.

Movie playback without having to reencode.

Marius Gedminas
--
Lost packet, 42 bytes, last seen on a saturated OC3, reward $$$.
		-- Eric^2 on Slashdot