[maemo-users] Re: [maemo-developers] Future features for Maemo Desktop (Task Navigator, Home, Status bar)?

On Fri, 2006-08-18 at 11:39 +0300, Karoliina Salminen wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I am now collecting some ideas for future development of the UI framework.
>
> If you have any features that you'd like to see in the future in the
> components mentioned on the topic (Task Navigator, Home, Status bar),
> please send your feature requests/ideas to me: karoliina.t.salminen at
> nokia.com or reply them on this list for further discussion. So now is
> your chance to affect to which direction you'd like us to develop the
> desktop UI framework. Also if you have any ideas for plug-in APIs,
> bindings etc. anything you'd wish  to see there in the future, please let
> me know. The sooner the better, so if you have something in your mind now,
> please let me know now (meaning Today if possible).
>
> No matter if you are developer or end user or both, I am waiting for your
> ideas and comments with a great interest - "What do you want?". Thanks in
> advance!

I'd like to see a launcher home-applet - something that'd provide an
icon-view of applications on the home screen. Also, an official clock
systray applet would be nice. A better API for hibernation would be nice
too :)

I guess Opera feature requests are out of your hands, but if not, I'd
really like a 'close window' or 'window chooser' button in the toolbar
for full-screen mode - it's the only thing missing for me (currently
only accessible via the menu hardware key).

--Chris