[maemo-users] should I disable lifeguard-reset?

  Hi,

what do you think:

Does it make sense for a very Linux-experienced user (like me)
to disable "lifeguard-reset" on the Nokia770?

# flasher --set-rd-flags no-lifeguard-reset

Does this have any negative side-effects?

I don't doubt that for an unexperienced user with no Linux-skills
and only little knowledge of how the software on the Nokia770
works, this is an appropriate solution to initiate a reboot whenever
any essential software-component fails.

Yes, reboots fix many problems.

But wouldn't a skilled user be able to judge better than the
lifeguard in which situations a reboot would make sense,
and in which situations the reboot could be deferred until
e.g. important application data has been saved?

A spontaneous reboot leaves no chance to save the data you
might currently be working on...

Are you an experienced/skilled user?
Do you disable "lifeguard-reset"?

Besides just being able to disable/enable the lifeguard, to me it
would even make sense if the N770 would support another setting,
in which it only would advice the user that an essential component
just failed and a reboot would probably fix the problem.

  regards, Armin.

--
   --- May the Source be with you! Linux. ---
   --- secure eMail: http://www.gnupg.de/ ---