[maemo-users] Re: [maemo-developers] Future features for Maemo Desktop (Task Navigator, Home, Status bar)?

On 8/18/06, Marius Gedminas <marius at pov.lt> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 08:15:12PM +0300, Igor Stoppa wrote:
> > Done already, check the power management and drivers code. Next?
>
> Cool!
>
> By the way, I remember hearing somewhere that in OS2005 if you had the
> audio player open and paused, the device would not enter into a full
> power savings mode and would drain the battery faster.  Is this fixed in
> OS2006?
>
> Marius Gedminas

  I can't say authoritatively if it is, but my experience is that it
has been partially fixed.  Before if you even had the audio player
open it would drain your battery.  Now you can leave it open without
problems, but you must not leave it paused to avoid battery drain.

Larry