[maemo-developers] RE: [maemo-users] Future features for Maemo Desktop (Task Navigator, Home, Status bar)?

On 8/18/06, Karoliina.T.Salminen at nokia.com
<Karoliina.T.Salminen at nokia.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks for your feature proposals for Maemo Desktop so far.
> I'll be collecting them next week, so please keep posting them over the
> weekend.

  Hi Karoliina,

I would really enjoy seeing (As others have described) to be able to
have an arbitrary number of icons for the task bar and status bar,
perhaps with arrows to scroll through them.  Ditto on the idea to have
icons on the desktop/home screen to start applications.  First-class
support for keyboards is important so that it's not something that
mostly works and is an afterthought.  Things like the ability to set
the key repeat rate and a icon indicating a keyboard is detected on
the status bus, etc.
  Finally, it would be great to have a context menu for application
icons (that are running) on the taskbar to minimize, restore, go
full-screen, and close.

Thanks,
Larry Battraw