Fwd: [maemo-users] Problems with audio-playback since IT2006 update

On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 06:55:36PM +0200, krischan.keitsch at alumni.tu-berlin.de wrote:
> > Since I updated to IT2006 audio playback is often very distorted. It
> > happens from time to time, sometimes it goes away, sometimes I have to
> > turn the device on/off to make it working again.
> > It sounds more or less like MP3 at very low quality modes (32kbps or so).
> >
> > Has anybody else seen this behaviour, and has already a bug report filed?
>
> However I can confirm your experiences with mp3 playback (also streams).
> It often occurs when the n770 is under heavy io-load. The skips are annoying.

I haven't heard anything as weird as Clement described, but I get skips.
OS2005: no skips.  OS2006: same set of mp3 files on the MMC card, I get
skips.  The CPU seems to be 100% used during audio play (according to
the oss-statusbar-cpu graph), don't know for, but it probably causes
those skips.

Another funny thing with the audio player: if you remove a file from the
filesystem, but leave it in the playlist, the audio player will try to
connect to the Internet.

Marius Gedminas
--
When all else fails, read the instructions.