Fwd: [maemo-users] Problems with audio-playback since IT2006 update

Hi Clemens,

I don't know how it2005 behaved since I flashed it with it2006 right away.

However I can confirm your experiences with mp3 playback (also streams).
It often occurs when the n770 is under heavy io-load. The skips are annoying.
The n770 'pleases' me with silence when listening to radio streams.
Restarting the esp daemon helps:

/etc/init.d/dsp-init restart  (don't know if this one helps ;-)
/etc/init.d/esd restart

Maybe it helps to give esd a higher priority (real time) ?
(don't know yet if that helps and how to do it ;-)

Regards

Krischan