[maemo-users] Application manager review

On 8/8/06, Marius Vollmer <marius.vollmer at nokia.com> wrote:

> There is a new feature coming where repositories can be added to the
> AM by just clicking on a link in the web browser.  (You can also
> install packages that way.)

I was just thinking about adding the feature you have described. The
user downloads a plain text file named <app-name>.<extension>. This
file contains all repositories (one per line) needed by the AM to
download the application. Manage too many repositories can become very
annoying :).

> My hope is that the "Application catalogue" dialog will not be needed
> very much.  Right now, there are a lot of repositories out there, but
> it would be better to have only very few of them.  Hopefully, it is
> easy enough for developers to put packages into the "contrib"
> repository associated with garage.maemo.org, for example.  Also, the
> "single-click-install" feature mentioned above should help.

I think many of the developers would like to upload the packages to
the "contrib" repository. Do you have more information about how to do
it??

Best Regards, Etrunko

--
Eduardo de Barros Lima