[maemo-users] Application manager review

I've reflashed my 770 and hanged around with the applications repositories [1] and the applications manager for a while now.
There are some issues I'd like to comment in this list for if anybody can help getting them fixed:
1) There seems to be a bug in the update proccess where the repositories are checked sequentially.It appears to me that, when a repo is empty or invalid for any reason (which??), the Tools/AppManager stops responding. Probably there should exist a timeout check for each repo and in case of failure the app should continue with the following. Kind of a bug there.
2) It is not obvious how to set the repo's up. I mean it is not unexperienced-user friendly, specially in a language other than english. Needs the user to set a different repo up for each term under "components"? Why do many of the repositories get the application hanged-up?
3) It isn't obvious either that "unchecking" the "Active" checkbox under "Catalogue/Edit" for a repository that is blocking the update proccess does the trick. If a repo is not OK and the user tries to update (which is the default behaviour assigned to the closing of the "Catalogue/Edit" dialog box), the user gets a hanged-up pop-up reading "Downloading 3K". Cancellating this one kicks the user outside the update proccess, even if there are some more valid repos to check directly after the one that failed.
4) The data at the wikipage is quite incomplete, even for the most popular repositories, specially under "Applications". This could be enhanced and hopefully translated and linked.
5) The "AppManager/Main/Install new apps" window has some problems too:
    5.a) The categories are listed in a top-down view inside large boxes. The right-hand side of the window is blank and could be used to show two or three columns of buttons, thus not requiring so much scrolling-down to the user
    5.b) The buttons are quite large in height, thus requiring the user to scroll down a lot when installing new apps (minor annoyance)
    5.c) May be a tree-view would be more intuitiev and user-friendly?
6 and last) The "app catalogue" menu option should IMHO have its own button within the "Main" window. It's quite hidden from the average user and is used a lot.

For the rest, the Applications manager rocks! It's very confortable to use and I love the "Details" tab shown for each packet. Greatly improved from its antecessor. Keep up the good work!

[1]: http://maemo.org/maemowiki/ApplicationRepositories

Saludos,

Alfonso.

  VISITA MI BLOG:
  http://alfonsoycia.blogspot.com/

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
Llamadas a fijos y m?viles desde 1 c?ntimo por minuto.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com