[maemo-users] What settings for T-mobile in the UK? (with a SEK800i)

>Evening, all.
>
>I've just got a new SE K800i on t-mobile's Web'n'walk
>professional tariff (10GBP, 2gig pcm!!) but can't seem to get
>the blasted thing to let my 770 online.  I get the same
>"Connection to phone failed" error each time - the same as if
>the phone's bluetooth is turned off.  I've verified that they
>do talk correctly over BT, however, as I can browse the
>phone's memory from the 770.
>
>The default settings that the "mobile operator setup wizard"
>sets up seem largely correct, but with a wrong-length
>password.  T-mobile have confirmed that it should be
>"one2one", as opposed to the default 3 character password the
>wizard sets up.  I'm not sure why, though - I'm a new t-mobile
>customer with no historic one2one account.
>
>Please could any UK t-mobile OR K800i users let me know their
>settings and how successful they've been getting a data
>connection working?
>I'm really interested in any K800i owners getting in touch,
>just in case the dialup number is doing something wrong ...
>
>Here are my settings at the moment:
>
>Access point name: general.t-mobile.uk (pretty sure this
>*isn't* ".co.uk") Dialup number: *99***1#
>Username: user (I'm not hiding my personal one here - it
>really is "user")
>Password: one2one
>
>Many thanks!
>Jonathan

Hi there,

I have cross-checked the latest (last week's) settings and the proper
data looks like this:
AP name:general.t-mobile.uk
Username:user
Password:wap
Dial-up number: *99***1#

This is the same that comes with the cellular wizard in IT-2006. Are you
sure this does not work for you? It is hard to believe it works for
mobile phones and does not work for N770.

Anyone else could confirm that (with different phone model) for T-Mobile
UK?

Br,

--jakub