[maemo-users] Modified Maemo-Mapper v1.1 with 2nd set of URI/Cache, option to operate with closed cover

http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=19351&postcount=167

Here is a modified version of John Costigan's Maemo-Mapper v1.1 with a
second set of URI/Cache, e.g. for easy switching between street maps
and satellite images. The ESC-hardware-key now toggles the URI/Cache
settings, while in the original version it toggles show/hide tracks.

The modified version also has the option to operate with closed
device cover: you can disable the default behaviour to disconnect
the bluetooth GPS connection when the cover is closed, if you
unset 'Tools' -> 'Control Panel' -> Connectivity' -> 'Disconnect when
cover on device'
(Gconf-Key /system/osso/connectivity/IAP/disconnect_on_cover).

John's Maemo-Mapper focuses on in-car navigation. My modifications
are useful for non-car navigation, e.g. while cycling, hiking,
walking, running: satellite images are sometimes (but not always ;-)
more useful than street maps for off-road navigation, operation with
closed device cover is useful if you temporarily store the device in
a pocket, but still want to record your track.

Before I already applied these modifications to version 1.0.1, now I
ported my modifications to the current version 1.1.

Modified package:
http://armin-warda.de/maemo-mapper_1.1-aw-4_armel.deb

Source patches:
http://armin-warda.de/maemo-mapper-1.1-aw-1.patch
http://armin-warda.de/maemo-mapper-1.1-aw-2.patch
http://armin-warda.de/maemo-mapper-1.1-aw-3.patch
http://armin-warda.de/maemo-mapper-1.1-aw-4.patch

Modified source:
http://armin-warda.de/maemo-mapper-1.1-aw-4.c

--
   --- May the Source be with you! Linux. ---
   --- secure eMail: http://www.gnupg.de/ ---