[maemo-users] how to FULL WIPE and reflash?

I just upgraded to the 2006 version of the software. Like it. But...
Problem:
With the Notes app in full-screen, hitting the ? rocker caused NOTES app
to stop responding.
Since then, every time I save a file (plaintext or formatted) each
newline is doubled, and doubled again on all subsequent saves.
Okay, I then reflashed the 2006 image. Problem persists.
Then I flashed the older version. Problem STILL persists. (even on new
notes-files)

So, what is remaining through reflashing?
Is there just some hidden config file I need to manually delete?
Is there a flag I need to give the flasher-2.0 tool to REALLY wipe the
machine and reload?
Can someone please help? I've RTFM'd the maemo site till my brain is
bleeding...