[maemo-users] pine mail client for maemo2?

Marius Gedminas wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 16, 2006 at 01:04:19PM -0400, Disconnect wrote:
>> So I have good news and bad news.  The good news is I have a binary that
>> should work great.  The bad news is that it bails immediately, and I can't
>> figure out what is going wrong:
>>
>> ~ $ pine
>> Terminal type "xterm", is unknown
>>
>> I'll keep poking it a little more today, but I am mostly out of time. I know
>> its an easy fix, it just escapes me right now...
>
> It looks like you do not have a terminfo database on the system.
> Apt-get installing ncurses-term should fix that.

apt-get install ncurses-base

did the trick for me. That is, I meanwhile managed to compile pine myself :)

Yet I still have a problem: When selecting items in pine using the
'mouse' (touchscreen), the virtual keyboard always pops up. AFAIK this
was different in the 2005 OS (I left out the latest 2005 version from
this year), there the virtual keyboard only came up when pressing the
select key.

Any idea how to get the old behaviour?

Regards.
Matthias