[maemo-users] Screen bug after 2006 Update

Greetings,

> Are these blemishes again a matter of just a faulty screen?

Yes.

> Has anybody else observed similar effects?

Yes, although after a very quick search I'm not turning up any of the
several message threads about this.  If you're persistent you'll find that
a number of folks have reported screen failures during upgrades.  It's not
a problem with the software or upgrade process (although it looks very
much like a software problem when you see it the first time in isolation),
it's just that most screen failures occur during boot... so if you're
screen is gonna go it often goes during an upgrade.  Call in to have the
unit serviced.

Mike