[maemo-users] Screen bug after 2006 Update

Hi,

since updating to SU-18_2006SE_1.2006.26-8_PR_F5_MR0_ARM.bin (md5sum =
6d3ac7a2ce6a1...) there is a weird screen problem here: It seems that
certain dark or colored vertical lines bleed up and down (2939.jpg), and
when i open the video player, i get a wobbly greyish screen (2935.jpg).
The pictures are here:

http://www.circuitwizard.de/misc/2935.jpg
http://www.circuitwizard.de/misc/2939.jpg

Also the blue NOKIA greeting letters on white background had blue tails
going up, but this effect is now much less visible, it's still there but
too faint for a photo. It seems that these effects might have something
to do with temperature. The effects shown in the two photos are
persisting.

Questions:
Are these blemishes again a matter of just a faulty screen?
Has anybody else observed similar effects?

The coincidence with updating (and i did it twice to be sure, but no
difference) makes me wonder whether this might also be software, i. e.
some wrong internal parameter for the screen settings? I couldn't find
any LCD contrast setting panel---only brightness, but this doesn't
change anything as it affects only the light.

Or should i just send in the NOKIA 770 for warranty repair?

Regards, Hartmut