[maemo-users] Re: how to determine track's length from GPX-file

from: http://www.movable-type.co.uk/scripts/LatLong.html

--
Since the earth is not quite a sphere, there are small errors in using
spherical geometry; the earth is actually roughly ellipsoidal (or more

Alternatively, you could use the Vincenty formulation:
http://www.movable-type.co.uk/scripts/LatLongVincenty.html

--
Andrew Turner
ajturner at highearthorbit.com        42.4266N x 83.4931W