[maemo-users] smb?

Rachid Boumart wrote:
> Frantisek Dufka schrieb:
>> Yes, you need to compile smbfs or cifs kernel module. cifs works fine
>> for me. I can send compiled cifs.ko module. When module is inserted
>> into kernel you can mount filesystem in commandline
>>
>> mount -t cifs //x.x.x.x/share /localdir -o domain=x,user=x,password=x
>>
>> x.x.x.x is IP address, share is share name, localdir is existing
>> directory on n770. Works for me just fine with share on XP machine.
> hi,
> how fast is it?

Hi,

did no measuring but it is fine for playing audio from shared drive over
wi-fi. There were some troubles with cifs in 2.6.12.3 kernel in IT2005.
It required patching for ARM cpus and audio and video player stuttered
when playing audio from cifs mounted drive. Now in IT2006 it works fine.
Either cifs module improved speed/increased readahead in 2.6.16 or media
players in IT2006 now do a bit more caching on local filesystem.

Frantisek