R: [maemo-users] Using VoIP on maemo 2.0

Jonathan Matthews-Levine wrote:
> Antonio -
>
> I think that the device only supports Gtalk<->Gtalk speech. SIP-based
> VOIP and PSTN calls aren't supported natively, IIRC.

I should recall that Nokia stated that in the Final version of IT2006
the SIP -based VOIP would be possible, but they didnt include it in the
beta version.

http://press.nokia.com/PR/200605/1051308_5.html

<clip>
The upgraded Internet Tablet software platform can also support SIP
based VoIP solutions for broadband business benefit. Standalone software
applications, like the popular Gizmo Project by SIPPhone Inc, is planned
to be available for the Nokia 770 Internet Tablet. The Gizmo Project has
a rich feature set including the capability to make and receive calls
from public telephony networks.
</clip>

So, it maybe that the Final IT2006 version wont yet accept
SIP-connections but it is in the making. Maybe someone from Nokia could
elaborate us on theyr plans with VOIP<->SIP connectivity in the future ?

Greets, Santeri