[maemo-users] extending 770 video player

Am Dienstag, den 13.06.2006, 22:45 +0200 schrieb Reiner Klenk:

> Anyway, I'm rebuilding ffmpeg and vlc on the desktop for mythstreamtv
> and I'll let you know how it goes.

Not well so far. As said before it is possible to serve an .avi via
appache2. I find that I can enter the URL directly into video player's
"Open Stream" dialogue (no need to take the detour via the opera
browser).

Next I tried to serve a live stream via vlc. vlc doesn't do streaming
avi and none of the possible combinations of protocol/muxer/codecs
available in vlc resulted in a stream that the player would play
(mplayer on the desktop played most of the streams). mpeg1 looked
promising insofar as the video player opened the stream and buffered a
couple 100k of data. But then it came up with "playback error" before
displaying anything.

Not much more success with ffserver. According to the example
configuration file it should do .avi but it seems to be currently broken
in this respect. mpeg resulted in the same result as described abvobe
for vlc. In format rm I could get low quality video, but only when the
sound was disabled in ffserver.

Regards,
Reiner