[maemo-users] MMC partitions w/ ITOS2006

Kimmo H?m?l?inen wrote:
> The same problem happens with multiple partitions as well, when the user
> tries to remove the card. It has been solved by first checking whether
> disabling swap is safe or not: if it's safe, it's disabled; if it's not
> safe, a warning dialog pops up. (Same kind of mechanism is used to
> handle the case when there is an open file on the MMC.)
>
> BR; Kimmo

True. Except with separate partition you can use usb storage while swap
is used. Anyway, just tried to open the door while swap is used and it
simply rebooted, no dialog. So this is bug, not feature? In older system
opening door physically disabled mmc interface and device nodes were not
available i.e. you couldn't mount inserted card until door is closed.

But just tried on IT2006 and current 2.6.16 kernel seems to allow this.
Great, looks like I can use normal sized MMC cards in emergency. Neat
for browsing photos from sd/mmc based camera :) And this warning dialog
before removing the card is possible too, very good :)

Frantisek