[maemo-users] Re: standby problem

On Mon, 2006-06-12 at 10:16 +0200, ext Fabio Forno wrote:
> On 6/11/06, Fabio Forno <fabio.forno at gmail.com> wrote:
>         I've bought a new 770 and the device refuses to go standby,
>         switching itself off after 30 seconds of inactivity and
>         forcing me to reboot each time. I've tried to flash the last
>         image from Nokia, but the problem still remains. Is there a
>         way for controlling the standby behaviour or anybody else
>         noticed the same problem (I've found nothing about it in the
>         ML)?
>

> One more detail about this issue. When I try to force it to go stanby
> by sending the command "echo -n standby > /sys/power/state" the device
> turns off and for few seconds it is also impossible to turn it on
> pressing the power button. Do you think this may be an hardware
> related issue?
>
> One more question: which is the purpose of the sleep_while_idle file
> in the same directory?

Hi,
that entry enables/disables _the_ power saving feature of 770, which is,
surprise, surprise, sleeping while idle, meaning that it is not
suspend-based.

Therefore you don't have to do anything with /sys/power/state.

Btw, have you tried tapping on the screen when it "switches itself off"?
And if that doesn't help, do you get any low battery message?

Cheers,
           Igor

Igor Stoppa (Nokia M - OSSO / Tampere)