[maemo-users] Re: standby problem

On 6/11/06, Fabio Forno <fabio.forno at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've bought a new 770 and the device refuses to go standby, switching
> itself off after 30 seconds of inactivity and forcing me to reboot each
> time. I've tried to flash the last image from Nokia, but the problem still
> remains. Is there a way for controlling the standby behaviour or anybody
> else noticed the same problem (I've found nothing about it in the ML)?

One more detail about this issue. When I try to force it to go stanby by
sending the command "echo -n standby > /sys/power/state" the device turns
off and for few seconds it is also impossible to turn it on pressing the
power button. Do you think this may be an hardware related issue?

One more question: which is the purpose of the sleep_while_idle file in the
same directory?

--
Fabio Forno, PhD
Istituto Superiore Mario Boella