[maemo-users] osso_rss_feed_reader hangs on http://lwn.net/headlines/rss

  Hi,

starting today, whenever I refresh the http://lwn.net/headlines/rss
(Linux Weekly News) feed, the osso_rss_feed_reader (News reader)
hangs.

Any similiar experiences or ideas?

  More details:

Since november last year I have been reading this LWN feed all the
time without problems on my Nokia 770, with all SW versions,
1.2005.42-9 through 5.2006.13-7, which I am using now.

When I remove the LWN feed from the News reader, I am able to refresh
all feeds again, without hang. But if I try to add the LWN feed
again, via the URL http://lwn.net/headlines/rss, the News reader
hangs immediately and can only be killed from an xterm. (Then I have
to kill five processes of osso_rss_feed_reader, but sometimes this
does not help, because the News reader icon does not disappear from
the task list, preventing to restart another instance of the News
reader again, unless I reboot.)

What I already tried without success:
- rebooted the device several times
- run the device without swap on the RS-MMC
- removed the favicons and feeds directories from
  /home/user/.osso_rss_feed_reader/cache/
I have not yet reflashed the device.

The only thing that avoids the hang is not to add the LWN feed.

I manually downloaded the rdf from http://lwn.net/headlines/rss to the
browser, to me the rdf looks sane. It should not hang the News
reader. I have archived a copy of this rdf, just in case, the problem
disappears without notice, and still anybody want's to analyze it.

  regards, Armin.

--
   --- May the Source be with you! Linux. ---
   --- secure eMail: http://www.gnupg.de/ ---