[maemo-users] Problems after installing MaemoDict

> > Which version did you try?
> maemodict-0.1.7.3
>
> >You could check out /var/lib/install/var/lib/dpkg/* (don't have my
> N770 close right >now) and fix stuff there. That's what I did for
> other applications.
> yes, the strange thing is that all the files (available, status,
> etc) are in this directory,
> but when trying 'dpkg -l', the machine says:
> dpkg-query: failed to open package info file /var/lib/dpkg/status
> for reading. No such file...
> which means that it does search it in a different dir (NOT /var/lib/
> install/var/lib, only /var/lib!!!). Question nr1: how would you fix
> those things?

Ahh... I stopped using dpkg except for dpkg -X package.deb
directory_to_put_package/
There should be a way to use it, but it's tricky since dpkg is used
for both /var/lib/install as well as / (root)
Just stick to app-installer-package for most usual stuff.

> > Are you sure this is caused by MaemoDict?
> I was till today :(
> but then i flashed again, installed some stuff without the dict (!),
> and later the same messages appeared again without the Dict!
> (I've got the latest OS image from the last week i think)
> So, i am no more sure, I just know that it used to happen after
> installing
> meamoDict before, but now ...??:)

I'm glad for my packaging skills. :)

> >You can install the dict client for ARM from Debian. I can make you
> a package, if you'd still be willing to try :) Well...
> Yess, since I am still not codign for Maemo (I do mostly matlab,
> signal processing,
> and PSP-stuff like this: fosk4psp.dy.hu ) pls. let me know if you
> have any other dict
> to try. I will try it. Definitely, coz' I simply need dicts. that
> was one of the reasons i bought the 770.

Well, the dict client is just commandline. Not very practical.
Just try MaemoDict 0.1.7.3 or 0.1.9.3 that will be online this week.
0.1.9.x is using eagle, and making it a lot easier for me to do the
gooey GUI part.
0.1.9.2 doesn't work properly because of a little problem in eagle (it
wants to store application session data in a place it doesn't have
permissions).

Considering the PSP DSP stuff: at some point I wanna work on music
software for the N770...

ciao,
Kasper