[maemo-users] OpenSSH gets stuck after a few seconds

Andrew Barr schrieb:
> I installed OpenSSH on my 770 this afternoon, dropped my public key in
> the right place, and connected to my home Wi-Fi network from the 770 and
> I was able to SSH in. I have noticed something strange, though. After
> some time, the SSH session freezes. I can't type anything in. To fix it
> I have to tap the 770's screen a bit and type into the SSH session. Then
> it seems to wake up from it's catnap. Any ideas what's causing this and
> what to do about it? I thought it might be some sort of powersaving
> thing, and it might be, but it still happens with the AC adapter plugged
> in.

The problem, if you want to call it as such at all, is that there is
some agressive power saving taking place. If there is no traffic on the
wifi for some time the wifi device is simply shut down (at least that is
the effect you see).
If you have constant traffic, like the ping mentioned in another post,
then the interface does not shut down and thus keeps working.

A nice enhancement to this respect for a next Maemo release would be a
configurable timeout, or an en- disable switch. Or even better if just
the sender of the Wifi would be switched off so that it would still
receive incoming packages...

> Regards,
> Andrew Barr
Cheers
  nils faerber

--
kernel concepts          Tel: +49-271-771091-12
Dreisbachstr. 24         Fax: +49-271-771091-19