[maemo-users] Bug in clock with the last firmware

>> Israel Herraiz (israel.herraiz at urjc.es) wrote:
>>
>>> I just installed the last firmware (released yesterday), and it seems
>>> that there is a bug in the clock application.

The timezone files in /usr/share/zoneinfo are missing, except for
Europe/Helsinki.

Adding this files from one of my other Linux boxes, and then
establishing the correct /etc/localtime allows the desktop clock to be
correct - however then the times as displayed in the main Time
application (wherein you select your city) are incorrect.

I would say that:
1) it is a bug that the desktop clock does not track the either the
"home city" or "destination city".
2) It is a bug that the time zone files are missing.

I would *also* say it is annoying that, should you not live in one of
the hardwired cities, that there is no easy way to define the city in
which you live.