[maemo-users] Video encoding script

>> Here's a simple video encoding script to encode videos easily to
>> 770 format. Maybe it'll be useful for someone:
>> <http://www.cs.tut.fi/~ranki/projects/encode770/>
>
> fwiw, I tried a couple of these with video that had no audio sync
> problems and it always played on the 770 with sync problems. argh.

I've found that some, but not all, videos have audio sync problems when
played on the 770.  The same files play fine in other media players on a
variety of desktop workstations.  The "bad" files are encoded using the
same settings as other "good" files.  I've tried encoding with Kontori's
MediaConverter, and with mencoder directly using a variety of settings.

I think there may be a bug in video player, but haven't been able to
reproduce the problem with a redistributable file yet, so haven't been
able to file a reproducible bug.

Have you tested the files elsewhere to confirm that the audio sync is
actually encoded wrong, and not simply being played back incorrectly on
the 770?  Also, I've heard unsubstantiated rumors that simply nudging the
player timeline can sometimes (often? always?) fix the problem.

Mike