[maemo-users] External Battery for 770?

 > I don't understand why Nokia choose not to let 770 workable without
 > inner battery or accept a normal external supply.

I'm not sure that I entirely understand it either, except in the most
general sense of knowing that hooking your unit up to an inappropriate
power source can hose it.  I think your best course may simply be to
order an extra stock battery.  It has the disadvantage of needing to be
changed once every several/many hours, but will not invalidate your
warranty.  You may also wish to express to Nokia your desire for a
high-capacity battery option, even at the expense of form-factor.

Mike

p.s.  additional message context below...