[maemo-users] How to switch back to SDL game and application windows

Hi,

I spent a while debugging why I cannot switch back to SDL window
from which I've switched away, and noticed that it's actually
easy to fix.

Application switcher needs to know which window matches to which
.desktop file.  This is done using the standard WM_CLASS X property.
So, e.g. to be able to switch back to the Bomberman game, you
need to...

Add following line to Bomberman .desktop file for application switcher:
StartupWMClass=Bomberman

And ask SDL to use that WM_CLASS definition for the Bomberman game
window through an environment variable by adding following line
to the "launch-bomberman" script:
export SDL_VIDEO_X11_WMCLASS=Bomberman

I.e. only two lines need to be added and no actual code needs to
be changed!

	- Eero