[maemo-users] Is Bluetooth suspended when the display is switched off?

Hello,

you may try to flash older firmware from
http://www.maemo.org/downloads/nokia_770.php I've been experiencing
similar issues with current firmware and kbdd over rfcomm. It worked
fine with previous .45 one.

Bluetooth should work even when display is off and definitely works with
my keyboard. When the cover is put on, it is different matter as the
device closes network connections and goes to offline mode. This may
change in future OS version (see
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/maemo/developers/3905#3905 ) but
so far it looks like there is no easy fix for this feature.

As for the display I think there was gpsdrive patch floating on the list
which prevents display from turning off but I suppose it will not help
with your issue as the display blanking itself. Such patch can be easily
hacked even into gpsd, see kbdd source and blanking.diff here
http://fanoush.webpark.cz/maemo/

Regards,
Frantisek