[maemo-users] Succesfully Booted from the MMC [Plaintext...i hate hotmail..]

>Yes, that may be possible, there is also code which shows message on screen
>but you also need to answer the menu, possibly with keys. I'm not sure
>there is easy way to check which key is pressed at boot time, but maybe
>there is a way. Also the good thing is that (at least in theory, I haven't
>tried initfs yet, only kernel) when you mess up /linuxrc in initfs you can
>reflash just initfs without loosing any data in rootfs.

Yes, i've been thinking about the menu issue on my way to the job.I suppose
the keyboard module(...to name it) is loaded in the initrd image..I guess
the menu in linuxrc needs the keyboard module loaded, and that module is the
one used by the softkeys, which map to characters.
Anyway, as you proposed, it can else be done using a small reboot-script
that should store the booting preferences in a file, to be read from the
linuxrc file after the boot.
Hmm..i think that maybe even more options that flasher sets, can be done in
this way too...usb host mode, etc...

Jose