[maemo-users] Video encoding

My preferred resolution for 4:3 content is 320x240 at 25fps 300Kbps.  For
general TV viewing it is very watchable.  For 16:9 content I use 320x176
25fps 300kbps.  For both I generally encode the audio as MP3 at 32kbps.

All scaling of video is done by the DSP, and then pixel doubled by the
display controller.  There is no such thing as pixel tripling.

Ed