[maemo-users] Chinese fonts

Sean Moss-Pultz wrote:

 > I find it quite appalling to make a device that's meant to browse
 > websites and can't even ready non-english fonts.
 >

> Maybe someday Nokia will release a firmware update with
> the option of a larger install footprint but with multilingual fonts.
>
> -Sean

Although China is really big part of the world and should be definitely
supported N770 _is_ multilingual and it _does_ contain non-english
fonts. I am from Czech Republic and N770 was big surprise for me because
czech fonts are on the device and czech characters do display correctly
on all czech pages I've seen so far (so I suppose all 3 encodings
cp1250,iso 8859-2 and utf-8 used for czech are recognized and
supported). This is still not normal on many recent linux desktop
distributions so Nokia definitely did better than the average. Of course
this will not help you but I wouldn't say it is english only device.

Frantisek