[maemo-users] New and updated apps available at opbyte.it

Hi all,

I've updated grsync to grsync-maemo-0.2.1b (which has a somewhat cleaner
interface and support for osso / dbus) and finished porting gtkmagnetic.
The latter is a gtk+ GUI for magnetic, a free interpreter for Magnetic
Scrolls (tm) textual / graphic adventures (do you remember The Pawn and
Guild of Thieves back from the old Amiga days?). To play you'll need game
data files which are publicly available from
http://www.if-legends.org/~msmemorial/magnetic.htm (when asked to or when
original gtkmagnetic uses a text area to display both texts and user
commands; to avoid user typing commands in the middle of the adventure text,
its 'editable' property is set to FALSE. Of course this doesn't work on the
N770, because an input widget which is not editable doesn't fire-up the
virtual keyboard, so I changed this behaviour: you can write everywhere
inside the widget, but commands are accepted only if written on the last
line (at the prompt '>'). If anyone knows a way to programmatically pop up
the vkb please let me know and I'll fix this!

All the debs are at http://www.opbyte.it/maemo/

Luca Donaggio