[maemo-users] Solution found: WLAN with Linksys WRT54GS works only with security modes disabled

Hi all,

I solved my problem!

Somehow the n770 saved my unsecured connection-settings in a file with
the ssid-name. So the next time I changed my AC to secure WEP or WPA but
kept the same ssid-name it failed to connect!

See control panel > connectivity > connections.

After I removed the setting-file and reconnected everything was fine.

I noticed some disconnects from the AC (as others mentioned before).
So I added the preferred connection and  "use without asking" which
works fine since then.

I would be nice to get more specific information for failed
wlan-connections, not just the simple one-line-error-notice, to get to
the solution faster.

--sd