[maemo-users] Re: streaming video?

Thanks, I already noticed that list. I haven't made myself clear. While
the video player does play different formats from a file (e.g. on the
memory card), when I try to stream that exact same format (using vlc or
apache2 on the server-side and video-player->open stream on the nokia),
the video player only gives that error message about unsupported format.
Those streams play OK in xine or mplayer.

The original poster described how he basically just served the
real-video file by apache (with a little mime manipulation) and was able
to open it as a stream, and I was wondering whether that works with any
of the other file types which the player supports. If I serve an .avi
file via the web server I can open that link with the Nokia's browser
which downloads the entire file, then starts the video player which, in
turn plays it just fine. If I try to open that same link directly via
videoplayer->open stream I get "unsupported file type".

Ultimately, I would like to watch recorded TV via mythstreamtv. The
latter uses vlc do transcode on the fly (TV recordings are mpeg2 ps or
ts) and stream it to the client. vlc doesn't encode real video, hence
the question.

Thanks for pointers,
Reiner