[maemo-users] Re: [maemo-developers] Re: Installing packages in extra storage?

 On 12/14/05, Michael P. Lococo <mpl22 at cornell.edu> wrote:

> > > The only problem:  both 'free', '/proc/meminfo' and the little
> > > status bar plug-in all report far more memory in use than I'd
> > > expect to see.  I _know_ I deleted the contents of
> > > /var/lib/install (as well as ~/MyDocs), and when I install new
> > > programs I see my memory used go up.
> >
> > free and meminfo measure RAM usage.  Try df or the memory control panel
> > measure flash usage.

Actually, stepping back... I was under the impression that it wasn't
possible to install programs into flash that way.  In fact, all programs
installed are actually in RAM.  The only way to add to the flash is by
making another root filesystem.

Brad.