[maemo-users] Re: [maemo-developers] [OT] Ars Technica & 770: areas to improve maemo

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005, Matthews-Levine did have cause to say:

> On 12/13/05, Disconnect <maemo at gotontheinter.net> wrote:
> > This is not a demand for fixes, etc. Just some comments from a new
> > developer...
> >
> > On Tue, 13 Dec 2005, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri did have cause to say:
> >
> > > As some may already know, Ars Technica published a review about 770
> > > and have some interesting points on some applications:
> > > http://arstechnica.com/reviews/hardware/nokia770.ars
> > >  - Audio player: it should capture internet radio from browsers
> > Mine does, at least for shoutcast.com. I suspect user error (or strange
> > website configuration).
>
> I think asking for "capture" means "capture and store", not just
> "play".  I can listen to radio streams fine, but can't record them
> onto the device.

I figured it was in reference to:
http://arstechnica.com/reviews/hardware/nokia770.ars/5
"While the documentation for the Nokia 770 indicates that clicking on a the
link to a station in the web browser will make that station available from
the Internet radio player, that has not been the case for me. I've had to
access them via the audio player."

As far as 'proper' capture, I don't see why streamripper wouldn't work out
of the box (ISTR it has a CLI mode) and one of the gtk frontends should port
fairly easily.  With the small memory card though.... (fwiw I'm gonna come
down with many of the other reviewers on "why RS-mmc!?!" -- its the only
device in my colletion that uses it. Out of 2 mmc-using phones, the zaurus,
etc.. its the only one. :( ..)