[maemo-users] Wifi network problem: is this a maemo issue?

Hi all -

Being lucky enough to have got my hands on a 770, I couldn't wait to
try out the free wifi at my gym.  I know I've got wifi on a 2MB
connection at home, but there's nothing quite like burning up someone
else's bandwidth, is there? ;-)

So, I ask at the reception and they tell me that there's no
documentation and no setup instructions.  It "just works", they say.
What does that tell me?  DHCP's /got/ to be in place.  Searching for a
WiFi network, I see the only available open AP with the same name as
the gym - that's got to be the right one.  I select it and the globe
icon gets a "W" pretty much instantly.

Then it all stops working.  Net - doesn't work.  Ping - doesn't work.

Here're the network details I got from the connection manager:

ip: 192.168.46.2
nm: 255.255.255.0
rtr: 255.255.255.127

... and I can't even ping the router address.  I get an "invalid
address" error back.

Any thoughts?  I have a very vague memory that makes me think I might
have hit a Linux Vs Windows corner case where Linux obeys the RFCs but
Windows doesn't, and hence Linux will never be able to use this
network, but I can't find anything relating to this online.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,
Jaycee

--