[maemo-users] Nokia 770 NO LONGER BOOTS

Hi,

>> While online, I installed a few apps (xterm, ssh, GAIM, etc.), and
>> tried setting my path in /home/user/.profile to include the install
>> directory, as well as \bin and . I didn't include \sbin, but my change
>> to .profile didn't seem to have any effect anyway.

Make sure that the paths are in correct order and that you don't
overwrite PATH, but add to it.

> Ordinarily your profile is not executed as part of the boot sequence,

It is, if you have auto-login enabled.

(Maemo doesn't have xdm, so it doesn't have auto-login, it starts
X server & user "session" directly from bootup scripts.)

> but this is not an ordinary Linux system so who knows :(

One additional difference is that the device has BusyBox shell,
not the (huge) GNU Bash.  BusyBox shell doesn't support all
Bashisms.

	- Eero