[maemo-users] Problems pairing Sprint Treo 650 w/Nokia 770

On 12/6/05, Michael Eskin <eskin at cox.net> wrote:

> Has anyone successfully used BT DUN with a Nokia 770 Internet Tablet and
> a Sprint branded Treo 650?

Not personally.

> I realize that its pretty early in the game for the new Nokia 770, but
> I've been completely unsuccessful in being able to pair my Sprint
> branded Treo 650 with the 770 for DUN.

Although DUN might be your ultimate aim, I don't think it needs to
figure in the pairing process, does it?  I certainly managed to pair
my SE K750i without having DUN setup/enabled/working.

> I've enabled Bluetooth, made it
> discoverable, and enable DUN on the 650, and the 770 is able to find the
> device and start the pairing authentication, but after that I get an
> immediate disconnect and the Treo 650 is no longer available as a
> network connection on the 770. I've tried the usual resetting of both
> devices, turning Bluetooth off/on, DUN off/on, etc. but no joy. I've
> also had many times where the authentication times out, have to try
> several times even before getting a successful pairing.

I'd try ignoring the DUN side of it for now.

> If not the Treo 650, anyone else with a Sprint BT enabled phone been
> able to pair these two devices?
>
> Ah, the joys of being an early adopter...
>
> Any suggestions highly appreciated.

When you /do/ manage to get the pairing set up, have a look here
(http://www.mail-archive.com/maemo-users at maemo.org/msg00132.html) if
you have DUN problems.  FWIW I took being able to access files on the
phone to be proof of correct BT operation, despite not (yet!) being
able to get DUN to work, probably because of the issue mentioned in
that thread.

Cheers!
jc