[maemo-users] [Flasher] No suitable device found

Those directions seem to be just short of complete.  It should be:

-Be root on your PC
-Turn off the Nokia 770
-Connect the USB cable

./flasher -F Nokia_770_0.2005.42-9.bin -f -R

When you see "Suitable USB device not found, waiting" TURN ON THE 770.
Flashing will begin as soon as the device is turned on.

Even the howto on the web page does not say you must turn on the device
after running flasher.  Very important last step.  If you don't, then
flasher will sit in the waiting state forever.

Ed