[maemo-users] [Flasher] No suitable device found

Hello,

first of all sorry if this is a double-post, I posted it already but
the attachement was too big and with my gmail setting I cannot check
wether the mail really received the list.

since I am a bit unhappy about the bugs in my Nokia770 I was really
happy when I heard that Nokia really delivers updates to their
customers.
When I remember back to my Motorola phone (now I own a Nokia too but
its stable and works 100% fine) it was really horrible, russian tools
with russian software from untrusted cracker sites. However it worked
too after a day or two ;-)

Always when I start the flasher tool as user root I get the following
output, regardless wether the device is turned off, on or even
plugged/unplugged.
I am using Fedora Core 4 updated to some 2.6.13 kernel (fedora compilation).

[root at ce gpe]# ./flasher -F Nokia_770_0.2005.42-9.bin -f -R
Found image 2nd (length 8576)
Found image secondary (length 79360)
Found image xloader (length 13824)
Found image initfs (length 1576704)
Found image kernel (length 1480704)
Found image rootfs (length 57540608)
Suitable USB device not found, waiting

It would be really great if anybody could help me since I don't know
any further.
I attached the strace-log of the flasher utility, maybe this can help
identifying whats going wrong. It seems the device tries to open some
files in /proc/bus/usb/XYZ but is not successful.
Should I really turn off the divice? Should I unload the usb-storage modules?
Anything else I should take care of?

lg Clemens