Re: Any way in LVM to deal with 512e vs 4Kn physical devices?

Hello.

Sorry, I could be wrong, but I was encountered this problem a long time ago.
You cannot transfer ext4 from a device with a phys sector 512 bite to a device with phys 4k sector device.
As far as I remember, ext4 uses this size to perform atomic operations.
Because on the new disk it is not possible to perform an atomic operation with data of 512 bytes,
then it is impossible to transfer such a FS.
See ENVIROMENTS for mkfs.ext4: "MKE2FS_DEVICE_SECTSIZE", "MKE2FS_DEVICE_PHYS_SECTSIZE".

In datasheet for you model tells:
* 512e models can be converted to 4Kn format and
vice versa.
I don't understand what is it mean, but maybe you can try convert to 512e if possible.

----