Should issue_discards be enabled when e2scrub is used on an SSD?

I've got the following setup: LUKSv2+LVM on an SSD drive, and I have trim/discad enabled
for encrypted container. I also use e2scrub for Online ext4 Metadata Check which uses a 4
GiB LVM snapshot. I currently have 10 logical volumes, which are periodically (once a week)
scanned for errors. I've got a question concerning the *issue_discards* option that can be
specified in the /etc/lvm/lvm.conf file. What actually happens when this option is enabled
and the LVM snapshot is removed after fsck finishes its job? Will the whole 4 GiB be erased
on the flash? Is it safe to enable this option in such case, or is it better to leave it
disabled?