Re: lvmcache not promoting blocks when there's free RAM

A part your whole description

Our 15 years experience on hard disks data recovery, suggests to avoid the spin down and spin up of the storage's HDDs

Just make sure you have a vibrations free environment, yes, that is a must

Any noise in any fan , mean vibrations.

Contemporary HDDs (mean manufactured after 2016-2017) , are high density and heads sliders are now at few air molecules of distance from the platters surfaces

Just that

Meanwhile the drives are really low power consumption, so for just 2 or 4 drives, it is better to avoid those spin cycles. We don't put standby neither our 12 and 24 bays storages.

Kind regards

Roberto Gini

Technical Manager

https://www.RecuperoDatiRAIDFAsTec.it