Re: discuss about commit 3b0f9ce: filter-mpath: get wwids from sysfs vpd_pg83

On Wed, Nov 15, 2023 at 09:46:35PM +0000, Martin Wilck wrote:
> Ugh. That adds even more complexity without improving matters.

I have to agree.  The point was, you should be able to configure this to
work as you need it to.  If the settings we've mentioned don't work well
enough, then we can find a simpler option.

> I guess it's too late now, but I'd still be willing to try and help
> sorting out the issues that you guys were having with udev's multipath
> component detection logic.

Right, not much can be done with old releases.

> There is libmpathvalid which was created for this purpose, have you
> tried it? AFAICT it should give the answers that udev would (Ben would
> know better though).

I tried that early on and it was no help because it was touching udev
itself, which is what we were trying to avoid.

Dave