Documentation about allowing >2 disk failures?

Hello!

RAID5 survives 1 disk failure and RAID6 survives 2 disk failures. What about going beyond 2 disk failures? Does anyone know where I can find information on what good options might be?

I was looking at RAID10, but every extra mirror added only increases failure tolerance by 1 disk. I am also not seeing any inbuilt support in LVM for RAID50 or RAID60 but it seems like if I manually build the sub-volumes, things should still be fine?

My system has 25 disks and I'd like to tolerate up to ~1/3rd of the disks failing so I was thinking that a RAID1 with 3 mirrors built out of RAID6 with 8 disks each (and 1 hot spare) would be a potentially good option?

Thank you for your help!

Tim 'mithro' Ansell